Length of Course: 10 Hours
The NRA Basic Pistol Course is designed to present the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. The course will also familiarize participants with safe gun handling procedures and guidelines for using and storing pistols.
The concept of “discovery learning” (hands on learning) is used.
- Lesson I: Pistol Knowledge and Safe Handling.
- Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting.
- Lesson III: Firing the First Shots.
- Lesson IV: Two-Handed and One-Handed Standing Shooting Positions.
- Lesson V: Pistol Sports and Activities.
“NRA Basic Pistol Shooting” handbook and Student packet will be issued to each student as well as a “Course Completion Certificate” for those that satisfactorily complete the course.
Instructor to Student ration is kept low to enable personal attention for each student.