Length of course: 14 hours
The NRA Basic Rifle Shooting course is designed to present the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting. The course will also familiarize participants with safe gun handling procedures and guidelines for using a rifle. The concept of “discovery learning” (hands on learning) is used.
- Lesson I: Rifle Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling.
- Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting.
- Lesson III: Firing the First Shots.
- Lesson IV: “Standing” Rifle Shooting Positions.
- Lesson V: “Prone and Kneeling” Rifle Shooting Positions.
- Lesson VI: “Sitting” Rifle Shooting Positions and Review of Positions.
- Lesson VII: Rifle Sports and Activities.
“ NRA Basic Rifle Shooting” handbook and student packet will be issued to each student as well as a course “Completion Certificate” for those that satisfactorily complete the course. Instructor to Student ratio is kept low to enable personal attention for each student.