Length of course: 10 hours
The NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course is designed to teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target. The course will also familiarize participants with safe gun handling procedures and use.
The concept of “discovery learning” (hands on learning) is used.
- Lesson I: Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Handling.
- Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting.
- Lesson III: Firing the First Shots.
- Lesson IV: Shooting Skills Practical Exercise. This lesson may be repeated several times, as necessary, before moving on to Lesson V.
- Lesson V: Shotgun Games and Activities.
“Shotgun Shooting Handbook” and Student packet will be issued to each student as well as a course “Completion Certificate” for those that satisfactorily complete the course.
Instructor to Student ratio is kept low to enable personal attention for each student.