Come out to the Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club Saturday, September 7th for the Star City Egg Shoot. View the attached flier for more details.
The classes are as follows:
- FACTORY SPORTER – Any standard hunting type rife with no modifications other than trigger job bedding and replacement stock (must be deer rifle style).
- 6X limit on scope, Variable scope will be taped down to 6X.
- No rebarreled guns or rechambered. Barrels must have factory markings.
- VARMINT CLASS – Any factory heavy barrel varmint rifle with exception of custom shop 40X, etc.
- Stocks cannot have flat fore end or buttstock.
- Trigger jobs and glass bedding allowed.
- No rechambered or replacement barrels
- Must have factory markings.
- NO SCOPE LIMIT.
- CUSTOM OR BENCHREST CLASS
- Any factory or custom action or barrel.
- Any trigger, action or barrel.
- No Scope Limit
All classes will be shot with 25 rounds for score on paper targets at 100 yards (5 targets with sighter target and 5 scoring targets). As many relays as needed – 5 scoring shots per relay. All classes repeat this at 200 yards.
Factory Sporter shot at 300 yards – 9X limit scope. All others shot at 500 yards
- No scope limit.
For more information please call Gil Gross at (540) 721-3015
Egg Shoot – Saturday, May 2nd
In preparation for the Egg Shoot scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd Range C will be closed Friday morning on May 1st. The range will be open between Noon and 4:00PM for practice only. The range will reopen to the general membership after the match concludes on Saturday.
HOSTED BY ROANOKE RIFLE & REVOLVER CLUB
APRIL 27th 2013
MAIN EVENT SCORE SHOOT
ALL SHOOTING FROM BENCH
ENTRY FEE $ 20 PER GUN
$10 FROM ENTRY FEE WILL BE FOR PRIZES. ENTER UP TO THREE DIFFERENT GUNS
ALL GUNS will shoot 5 – 2.5” ( 60mm) clays at 330 yds. 5-3.5” ( 90mm) clays at 425 yds. and 5-4.5” clays at 500 yds. With 20 rounds only NO SIGHTERS, All in one setting, 10 min time limit. Shooters can shoot targets in any order. Auto tie breakes are by yardage.
Benchrest – anything goes, 30 lb limit, No rail guns
HUNTING / TACTICAL GUNS .
Hunting / Tactical guns are guns that are rebarreled, restocked with Hunting or Tactical stock muzzle brakes and ,most anything goes, But, No benchrest stocks or plates added to stock with a rest. All good if you shoot from a Bi-pod 20 lb limit
PURE FACTORY GUNS
Pure Factory class – Trigger job or replacement, and bedding only. I would rather allow a replacement, due to some factory guns have adjustable triggers, and to keep from a bad trigger from showing up at the match. If you have a brake or plate added to the stock, it can be removed. No factory custom ex 40X, Cooper.